Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mix and Match Layout

Hello! Today I'm sharing a mix and match layout from our Ireland trip. Today's subject is the English Market in Cork. I often stick with the same paper collection when working on layouts, but sometimes that just doesn't work. This English Market layout was one of those times, so I just had to mix and match my papers for myself.


I fell in love with the feel of that blue striped paper for these photos. It's from Bo Bunny Sweet Life collection. I also thought the light blue piece of paper from Sweet Life would work (the one framing the 3 photos and journaling card in the center). The rest of the paper in the collection, while gorgeous, just wasn't right for the feel I was going for with the layout.


So...I went searching the paper racks at A Walk Down Memory Lane for some paper to use with my original picks, and I landed on Bo Bunny Modern Miss. I not only found that fun triangle paper, but also the paper I used to journal on.


I dug into my stash at home for embellishments. I used some enamel dots, Pink Paislee Solstice Ephemera, and Heidi Swapp Mink Jumbo Words (enjoy) covered in Therm O Web Rose Gold Deco Foil. I really, really love that Deco Foil from Therm O Web.


Mixing and matching my papers collections and embellishemts ended up working out pretty well for this layout!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: