Monday, December 8, 2014

Come, Let Us Adore Him!

I love Christmas, and I love decorating for Christmas. I really enjoy making pieces that keep the focus on where it needs to be this time of year. Today I'd like to share a home decor piece that I just finished.  Here's my Come, Let Us Adore Him! decor:


I started with Jillibean Soup's Mix the Media 10 x 10 wood plank. Truthfully, I didn't know what I was going to do with it when I bought it, but I came up with this idea really quickly!


I started by cutting the nativity scene from Bo Bunny's Double Dot paper with my Silhouette Cameo.  The cutting was easy, deciding how to adhere my paper to the wood was the tough part. I'm not a big fan of liquid glue. I tend to have issues with the paper warping or wrinkling, even if I use a really thin layer. I finally settled on running the paper through my Xyron Creative Station. So far, it's holding really well, and using the 5" creative station to add adhesive to the back of the paper went really, really quick!


I created the words from a font that I could weld together in the Silhouette software.  I didn't want to have to place each and every letter separately, so finding a font that looked good welded was a must for this project. After adding the papercut outs to the wood, I decided it needed just a little something more, so I sponged on a few stars with a stencil and some white ink (white paint would have worked well, too). 


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: