Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hugs & Kisses

Sometimes you fall in love with a paper line.  Sometimes you have an idea for a layout in your brain, and when you get it down on real paper it's everything you hoped it would be.  My Hugs & Kisses layout is one of those times. 

Pebbles currently has a collection called Home + Made that was created by Jennifer Hadfield of Tatertots and Jello.  Trying to describe it just doesn't do it justice, so all I can say is go check it out for yourself.  The colors, the textures, the pops of gold!


I knew immediately what photos I wanted to scrap using this collection.  We were goofing around taking photos while camping one weekend, and my husband captured some ones that I just love of me with my boys.  I'm usually the one capturing moments, so these photos are especially dear to me, and any old paper line just wouldn't do.  I printed the photos out and waited for the right collection to come along...and then Home + Made arrived in the mail and I knew I had the paper I'd been waiting for. 


This is the layout I made of me with my youngest.  The layout of photos of my oldest and me is sitting on my desk about 3/4 finished.  


There's this cool banner die set as part of the collection.  When I saw it I had a little brainstorm that said, "Hey, I bet you could make a cool background for a layout using just that banner die."


 I grabbed my 6 x 6 paper pad and set to work, and you know what? It actually turned out really cool! I have my fair share of ideas in my head that just don't quite turn out on paper, or they turn out just ok, so I'm always pretty excited when they turn out better than I had hoped!


After creating the background from the banner die, the layout came together pretty easily.  I added some accent stickers and some gold sequins.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: