Monday, December 30, 2013

Grandma's Recipe Album

Now that Christmas is over and this gift has been given, I can share one of my very favorite projects from this holiday season. When my grandmother passed away, my dad copied all the recipes we wanted he to from her recipe box.  For a Christmas gift to one of my family members, I complied Grandma's recipes in an album.   


I started with a Simple Stories Snap Binder.  I like these because they are so very customizable.  As you can see, I set out right away to paper over the cover with some Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party paper and Crate Paper stickers. 



Inside, I used the included chipboard dividers to split the recipe book up into your standard sections.


I really liked the look of Bo Bunny's The Avenue Recipe Cards, so I chose to use those.  As you can see from the photo above, there are the traditional 4 x 6 recipe cards, and larger, full page recipe cards.


While I wrote most of the recipes onto the Bo Bunny cards, I did copy and print a few of the cards that my Grandma had hand written onto patterned paper and added them to the album that way.  Having a recipe or two in her own writing just feels extra special. 


There's a section for Main Dishes.


and one for desserts.


I included photos of some of the prepared foods from the recipes.  It was a nice way to add some color to the album.


The last section in the album is for memories.  Not standard in most cook books, but fitting for this one.

In this section I left a little card with one of my favorite memories of cooking with my grandma.  I also put in lots of blank cards so the recipient can add her own memories and collect memories from other family members.
To be honest, I kind of wanted to keep this gift for myself.  I love how it turned out, so I guess I'll be making another one for me in the near future!
Have you ever scrapped special recipes? I'd love to hear about it (or see pictures) if you did! 

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Beauiful job, Samantha! My kids have each requested one for when they move out. Thankfully I have plenty of time! :)